oldS.A.W.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Crash Override

Male
Age : Number of posts : 1994My Device : Q9CCarrier : SprintLocation : MN, USA

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:48 pm

it is really easy to do, we had a more detailed walk through on here but it got deleted by the poster
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Lone Gunmen

Lone Gunmen

Male
Age : Number of posts : 51My Device : MOTOCarrier : VZWLocation : SE-PA

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Over at msmobiles forum someone said a qarea guy had it here, maybe I can find him. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Crash Override

Male

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 2:14 pm

This was his thread.....we had to re-do it as he removed his portion of the tutorial
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Lone Gunmen

Lone Gunmen

Male

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 4:39 pm

Wooooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh - you found it !!! Looks straight up to me. I'll do that one when I get home from work. THANKS !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Crash Override

Male

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 5:16 pm

Great, best of luck to ya...the guy that wrote it is an awesome man....he really knows what he is doing.....follow all of his directions and it will work cheers
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
adegiarde

adegiarde

Male
Age : Number of posts : 4My Device : motorola q9cCarrier : verizon wirelessLocation : nyc

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 6:35 pm

what happens if you do *228 immediately, or 5 minutes afterwards.. am I sol??
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Crash Override

Male

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 6:47 pm

follow our directions okay....the rest is up to you
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
adegiarde

adegiarde

Male
Age : Number of posts : 4My Device : motorola q9cCarrier : verizon wirelessLocation : nyc

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 7:13 pm

well i did it and it worked great.. thanks for the help.. I did the *228 a little too soon, so i didn't know if i was up the proverbial creek.. but then i waited a few more minutes, and it worked fine. thanks again.

Anthony Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Lone Gunmen

Lone Gunmen

Male

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 9:37 pm

I got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK !!!!!!!!!!

NEXT - lets's see - I'll be back later . . .

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Lone Gunmen

Lone Gunmen

Male

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:02 pm

Posting this from my Q9c VZW WM 6.1 !!!!!

Went smoother than a baby's arse !!!!

That dude definitely knows his stuff.

I'd recommend this one. The 2nd one is not from here, it is from another forum so the poster can't be responsible if you brick your phone unless he can promise you that he's done it himeslf and it worked. He's not on Verizon so that speaks for itself.

Thanks a million you guys !!!!!!!

I'll thank him if I ever run across him in cyberville.

This pie is much better too.

Last edited by Frohike on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Cirruslyloud
Super Moderator

Cirruslyloud

Male
Age : 40Number of posts : 1572My Device : Samsung RANTCarrier : Sprint PCSLocation : MI

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:49 pm

Glad everyting went smoothly. What's your thoughts on the upgrade? Better?
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
ajchap
Almost Member

ajchap

Female
Age : Number of posts : 36My Device : motorola 9qcCarrier : verizonLocation : tennessee

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 2:57 am

Okay. I do not know anything about phones. As to number 1, how do i back up everything on the phone before i start trying anything?
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Cirruslyloud
Super Moderator

Cirruslyloud

Male
Age : 40Number of posts : 1572My Device : Samsung RANTCarrier : Sprint PCSLocation : MI

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 3:13 am

Do you sync with outlook? Basically, to back up your contacts and calender entries you'll have to sync your phone with Activesync (Windows XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Windows Vista). If you do not have either of these then a quick google search should turn up some download links.

After you've installed either of the above, simply plug your phone into a USB port on your computer and follow the on-screen prompts. It will have you select what you'd like to sync with your PC.

After the upgrade, if all goes well..... you'll have Windows Mobile 6.1 and you can then proceed to sync your contacts, etc. back to your phone.

Any other questions feel free. Follow the tutorial to the "T" and you should have no troubles at all.

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 472302
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Lone Gunmen

Lone Gunmen

Male

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 4:03 am

Cirruslyloud wrote:
Glad everyting went smoothly. What's your thoughts on the upgrade? Better?

PIE is for sure better. I'll have to wait and see about other things like battery life, etc. The gui has changed some I think too. There are more options in some menus
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Pettybone

Pettybone

Male
Age : Number of posts : 1My Device : Motorola Q9cCarrier : VerizonLocation : US

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 7:21 pm

I am new to this forum, but interested in WM 6.1 for my Q9c. I've established a profile and logged in, but do not see the files that need to be downloaded from Qarea51's original post.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sir Duke
Out Of Control

Male
Age : Number of posts : 2828My Device : HTC PRO/Q9cCarrier : SprintLocation : Cali

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 10:36 pm

once you reply you can go back to the first post and get the files
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
jd1970

jd1970

Male
Age : 53Number of posts : 3My Device : Moto Q9cCarrier : VerizonLocation : USA

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 10:42 pm

Can't wait till WM6.1
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sir Duke
Out Of Control

Male
Age : Number of posts : 2828My Device : HTC PRO/Q9cCarrier : SprintLocation : Cali

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 12:16 am

but you did , ckeck out the first post and enjoy 6.1 Smile
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Crash Override

Male

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 1:18 am

petty and jd, now check the first post Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
mirage
Almost Member

mirage

Male
Age : Number of posts : 13My Device : Q9cCarrier : VerizonLocation : chicago

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 2:06 am

hi guys -- before i try this i have a question or two or three:

1) if i made reg hacks to my Q9c...before i do the initial hard reset, how can i backup these reg hacks that i made? or are they even really necessary to back up (majority are done from the sticky from this forum).

2) if i backup is still needed for the reg hacks, what free-ware software are you guys using?

3) looking forward to trying this but a bit nervous!

4) how do i know which 32 or 64 bit driver download i need? or should i download them both and install both?

5) when should you perform the *228 function? or is it even necessary?

thanks for any input.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sir Duke
Out Of Control

Male

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 2:10 am

don't worry about reg hack cuz you can do them later ,
don't be nervous , and you should know about 32 or 64 it depends on your PC
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Crash Override
Super Moderator

Crash Override

Male

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 2:12 am

you cannot backup reg hacks....there was some program that did it, but if u flashing it won't help you

you can do it, just follow the directions....

what free-ware backup software are we using? what do you want to backup?

donno about the drivers, but like sd said....if your computer is 64 bit then get the 64 otherwise get the 32bit one
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
mirage
Almost Member

mirage

Male

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 2:13 am

very true there about the reg hacks.

what can i look at in terms of what my computer has for either using the 32 or 64 bit driver? fwiw -- im using a Dell latitude D820 with XP with SP2?

i can sync up with outlook for getting my contacts and calender synced back up. i guess i dont really need to back-up anything else since all other items i have done to the phone are the reg hacks. i remember using sprite backup with my Treo 700w, but really dont have any downloaded programs on my Q9c.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Q-Area51

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 2:21 am

^ You will need the 32 bit drivers
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
mirage
Almost Member

mirage

Male

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 2:23 am

muchas gracious. wish me luck. here i go...
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sponsored content

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR WM 6.0 VZW Q9C AND/OR Q9M TO WM 6.1 ! View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 3 of 42 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Software, Applications, Reviews And Much More

:: 

Tutorials And Requests

-

| WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM |
| Contact Us | F.A.Q. | Forum Rules |
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com