oldS.A.W.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HTC TOUCH HD maybe coming to US View previous topic View next topic Go down
The Crow
HTC Moderator

The Crow

Male
Age : 49Number of posts : 521My Device : HTC TOUCH PROCarrier : sprintLocation : TX

HTC TOUCH HD maybe coming to US EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:53 am

Reality is simple: no carrier in USA wanted to pick HTC Touch HD so HTC decided not to sell it with US bands without a contract, SIM-lock free. After all huge majority of phones sold in USA are sold through carriers. However it may well be that HTC Touch HD with 3G band support might be coming. Ultimately this what HTC posts on their Twitter account, and this what HTC USA staff says, may be different from this what is going on in Taiwan - at headquarters of HTC corporation...

In the service manual for HTC Touch HD there is a hint that an American version of this excellent phone may be coming, despite denials from HTC, as you can see here (highlighted in yellow):

HTC TOUCH HD maybe coming to US Htc-touch-hd-for-usa

Commentary: the HTC Touch HD is the best Windows Mobile phone currently on the market and while US Americans can import it and use it over EDGE/GPRS (2G) because it does have support for American 2G bands, in reality it could be a waste of money as such phone would be not usable in American 3G bands. Clearly USA is not a very important market for HTC...
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Q-Area51

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

HTC TOUCH HD maybe coming to US EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:30 am

Yeah - Saw this too and thought, "HHHhhhmmmmmmmm . . . "
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sir Duke
Out Of Control

Male
Age : Number of posts : 2828My Device : HTC PRO/Q9cCarrier : SprintLocation : Cali

HTC TOUCH HD maybe coming to US EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 6:39 am

I'm sure Sprint will get it , and so will I
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sponsored content

HTC TOUCH HD maybe coming to US Empty

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
HTC TOUCH HD maybe coming to US View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. ::