oldS.A.W.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HTC Toch Pro better for web browsing than Xperia X1 despite lower resolution View previous topic View next topic Go down
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Q-Area51

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

HTC Toch Pro better for web browsing than Xperia X1 despite lower resolution EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 4:59 pm

HTC Toch Pro better for web browsing than Xperia X1 despite lower resolution
November 21, 2008 [Pocket PC phone] | By Edward J. R.

Some people think that just because some phone has higher resolution, it also is better for everything. Comparison between HTC Touch Pro with 640x480 pixels and Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 with 800x480 - shows that apart from resolution there are some other considerations.

Anyway it is amazing to observe Sony Ericsson ordering manufacturing of Xperia X1 at HTC because HTC's own products are in direct competition with X1 - it looks like much less X1 phones will be sold due to HTC phone offering! So, why is HTC Touch Pro better for Internet browsing than Xperia X1? The "wheel" is the part of the answer:

Of course due to the higher resolution and higher zoom level, the text is more readable on the Xperia, but you still need pretty good eye sight to read text at those small sizes. Additionally zooming is much easier on the Touch Pro, which uses the navi-wheel to zoom in smoothly in and out. The Xperia uses the OK key to zoom in, but there is no key to zoom out with, and because the OK key is tied up with zooming you cant use it to minimize Opera anymore.

To learn more, visit related story and video about browser comparision between Touch Pro and Xperia X1:
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=1733

See also comparison photos between Xperia X1 and Touch Pro:
http://dailymobile.se/2008/11/18/pictures-sony-ericsson-xperia-x1-vs-htc-touch-pro/
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sir Duke
Out Of Control

Male
Age : Number of posts : 2828My Device : HTC PRO/Q9cCarrier : SprintLocation : Cali

HTC Toch Pro better for web browsing than Xperia X1 despite lower resolution EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 7:25 pm

true Smile
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Q-Area51

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

HTC Toch Pro better for web browsing than Xperia X1 despite lower resolution EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 7:29 pm

I had hoped you'd say that to validate the article. THX Always good to get user opinions, pro or con on articles. -Q
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sir Duke
Out Of Control

Male
Age : Number of posts : 2828My Device : HTC PRO/Q9cCarrier : SprintLocation : Cali

HTC Toch Pro better for web browsing than Xperia X1 despite lower resolution EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 7:31 pm

well I never played with so can't really say anything about it , but I can say it is really fun browsing the net on Pro Smile
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sponsored content

HTC Toch Pro better for web browsing than Xperia X1 despite lower resolution Empty

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
HTC Toch Pro better for web browsing than Xperia X1 despite lower resolution View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Community

:: 

News Section

-

| WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM |
| Contact Us | F.A.Q. | Forum Rules |
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com