oldS.A.W.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new site is up and running.
Please CLICK HERE to go to new site.

Or go to WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AT&T Named World's Best Wireless Service Provider for Second Consecutive Year View previous topic View next topic Go down
Tkracing
Administrator

Tkracing

Male
Age : 53Number of posts : 1446My Device : Blackberry/Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : Cali

AT&T Named World's Best Wireless Service Provider for Second Consecutive Year EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 2:01 pm

DALLAS, Dec. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T - News) today announced that it was selected as the Best Wireless Provider in the World for the second year in a row in the 2008 Best in Business Travel Awards, conducted by Business Traveler magazine. Now in its 20th year, the annual survey gives readers the chance to voice their opinion on the companies that have made their business travels more enjoyable. AT&T offers the best global coverage of any wireless carrier and the most world phones among U.S. wireless providers.

"Being chosen as the Best Wireless Provider in the World by Business Traveler readers for a second year in a row is truly an honor," said Bill Hague, executive vice president of International for AT&T. "We work hard to help keep AT&T customers connected around the world. For years we have offered more world phones than any other U.S. carrier and service in more places around the globe than any carrier worldwide."

AT&T operates a GSM/HSPA network, the worldwide standard for wireless, making it easy for customers to stay in touch with family, friends and business colleagues while abroad -- all on the same wireless number and device they use at home. AT&T offers more than 40 world devices, including iPhone3G and the BlackBerry® Bold(TM). AT&T customers can take these devices around the world, including Japan and South Korea, which require a device that operates on 2100 MHz.

With the largest global footprint of any wireless provider, only AT&T customers can make and receive calls in more than 200 countries and send e-mail and browse the Web in more than 150 countries, including more than 60 countries with high speed third-generation (3G) coverage. AT&T also offers voice and data coverage on 130 major cruise ships including Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Celebrity Cruise Lines.

In the past year, AT&T has expanded its award-winning international wireless service offerings to help keep customers connected around the globe, including:

-- Providing new international data discount plans for smartphone, iPhone
and LaptopConnect users with even larger money-saving "buckets."
-- Increasing global voice and data coverage:
o International data roaming coverage in more than 150 countries.
o Discounted international data packages apply in 67 countries.
o International roaming coverage on 130 major cruise ships.
-- Launching AT&T Navigator Global Edition, powered by TeleNav, the only
GPS-based service available from a U.S. wireless carrier to provide
international navigation capabilities. It provides verbal or
text-based turn-by-turn directions in the six Olympic cities in China,
as well as most western European countries, North America and the U.S.
Caribbean.
-- Introducing new cutting-edge 3G world phones like iPhone 3G and the
BlackBerry Bold.

AT&T has also continued to work diligently to provide customers with affordable international roaming options and excellent tools and resources to help when planning an international trip. AT&T's Travel Guide (http://www.att.com/travelguide) allows customers to create an itinerary with rate information for up to 10 international destinations as well as review discounted voice and data packages. While traveling outside the U.S., AT&T's specialized international help desk is available by calling +1-916-843-4685, a free call from your wireless phone.

For more information about international coverage and rates, customers can visit http://www.att.com/wirelessinternational or call 866-MOBILITY. For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit http://www.att.com.

Source: AT&T Inc.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Q-Area51

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

AT&T Named World's Best Wireless Service Provider for Second Consecutive Year EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 2:23 pm

I don't want to sound like "sour grapes" or anything but . . . BULL CRAP !!!! Look at the source. Geeeeeezzzzzz . . . -Q
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Tkracing
Administrator

Tkracing

Male
Age : 53Number of posts : 1446My Device : Blackberry/Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : Cali

AT&T Named World's Best Wireless Service Provider for Second Consecutive Year EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 2:37 pm

Q-Area51 wrote:
I don't want to sound like "sour grapes" or anything but . . . BULL CRAP !!!! Look at the source. Geeeeeezzzzzz . . . -Q

Its was only taken from their site the actual people awarding them this is Business Traveler Magazine. Also you need to take into consideration its " World's Best". AT&T Provides More International Coverage and World Phones Than Any U.S. Carrier
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Q-Area51
Super Moderator

Q-Area51

Male
Age : Number of posts : 3476My Device : HTC TP - Q9cCarrier : VZWLocation : SE PA - USA

AT&T Named World's Best Wireless Service Provider for Second Consecutive Year EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 2:42 pm

Yes . . . you are correct BUT they aren't the only player in the world which fuels my skepticism.
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Tkracing
Administrator

Tkracing

Male

AT&T Named World's Best Wireless Service Provider for Second Consecutive Year EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Q-Area51 wrote:
Yes . . . you are correct BUT they aren't the only player in the world which fuels my skepticism.

Understandable... lol!
Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
Sponsored content

AT&T Named World's Best Wireless Service Provider for Second Consecutive Year Empty

Back to top Go down
Reply to topic
AT&T Named World's Best Wireless Service Provider for Second Consecutive Year View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
oldS.A.W. :: 

Community

:: 

News Section

-

| WWW.SMARTAPPSWORLD.COM |
| Contact Us | F.A.Q. | Forum Rules |
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com